Saturday, February 18, 2023

Tasting - La Crema Chardonnay






Name: La Crema Chardonnay 

Variety: 100% Chardonnay 

Region: Sonoma Coast, California   

Country: United States  

Year: 2021

Price: $13

Wine Critic Review: "Lovely and smooth, with aromas of pineapple, pear and golden apple with a hint of buttery popcorn and warm spice. Full bodied, with medium+ acidity, rich orchard and tropical fruit flavours on the palate with hints of ginger and spice on the finish. Enjoy with pan seared scallops." - Jennifer Havers 

Wine Folly: pg 96: Chardonnay is one of the world's most popular grapes, coming in a wide range of styles from sparkling Blanc de Blancs to rich, creamy white wines aged in oak. Chardonnay pairs best with subtle spices and flavors, and contains hints of yellow apple, starfruit, pineapple, vanilla, and butter  

My Review: I got hints of cut grass and pear when sniffing this wine. When tasting it, the wine's acidity and dryness was very apparent. I also got the taste of pear that I had smelled when sniffing it. Wish I had eaten this with a meal, as a dinner with subtle spice would have complimented this perfectly and I think elevate the wine.

Would I Buy Again?: As of now, no. I didn't enjoy it enough to warrant spending $13 (which was for the half bottle). However, as I stated, if I had it with a good dinner that could be enough for me to buy it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...