Saturday, February 11, 2023

Tasting - Joel Gott Pinot Noir




Name: Joel Gott Pinot Noir 

Variety: 100% Pinot Noir

Region: California 

Country: United States

Year: 2020

Price: $20

Wine Critic Review: This fragrant, medium-bodied Pinot Noir has sour cherry aromas as well as cinnamon, caramel, vanilla and blue floral notes on the nose. Juicy with sour cherry, plum, cracked pepper and fine herb flavors finishing on a mineral note. Tannins are smooth. Enjoy with roast duck.

Pinot Noir food pairings: roast chicken, turkey, veal scaloppini (Natalie MacLean 

Wine Folly: pg 150: The world's most popular light-bodied red is loved for its red fruit and spice flavors that are accented by a long, smooth, soft-tannin finish. It is a versatile red wine for food pairing, with foods such as duck, chicken, pork, and mushrooms going well with this wine. 

My Review: The first aroma that hit me sniffing the wine was cherry, followed by a hint of oak and black raspberry. Cherry was also the predominant taste I got when trying the wine, with the wine giving a velvety feeling along the edges of my mouth. It went down smooth and seemed to softly touch the tongue. 

Would I Buy Again?: This is my favorite wine I have tried so far. Whether or not its the winemaker or the fact that it is Pinot Noir will need to be discovered, but I would certainly buy this wine again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...