Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - J Vineyards Pinot Gris




Name: J Vineyards Pinot Gris

Variety: 100% Pinot Gris 

Region: California 

Country: United States

Year: 2021

Price: $19

Wine Critic Review: A fragrant nose of jasmine, fresh flowers and fresh pineapple. Medium-bodied. Fresh and crisp on the palate. Pleasantly straightforward. Drink now (James Suckling).

Wine Folly: pg 149: In addition to what was tasted in the last blog featuring a Pinot Grigio, this wine is high in acidity and varies in sweetness. It deserves to be chilled before drinking for the best taste. 

My Review: This wine had a strong pear smell with a hint of floral. The pear also came out in the taste, alongside the acidity and a lime taste to it. I tasted the zest that the wine folly speaks of, but once again the other things listed weren't tasted or smelled.

Would I Buy Again?: I certainly tasted the quality difference between this wine and the last one I tried, but the price difference means I would still probably get the cheaper one mostly. However, I would buy this wine again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...