Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages




Name: Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages

Variety: 100% Gamay 

Region: Beaujolais, Burgundy

Country: France

Year: 2021

Price: $15

Wine Critic Review: Louis Jadot wines celebrate this diversity, reflecting these all important natural differences of soil, aspect and climate. Character: A classic fruity Gamay with real depth enhanced by the granite soil. Succulent fruit and soft tannins have been created by the traditional fermentation methods." for me a lovely drop (Wraggy's Craft Beer Reviews).

Wine Folly: pg 113: A fruity, floral, and sometimes earthy light-bodied red that is the main variety planted in Beaujolais. It is quite acidic with hints of pomegranate, blackberry bramble, violet, potting soil, and banana. A large part of gamay is grown in France. 

My Review: When doing the sniff and swirl, I smelled hints of black cherry with a slight spice to it. The taste of it was soft, with that hint of spice making its way into the taste too. I also slightly tasted strawberry in it, rather than black cherry. While whites are still my favorite, red wines are surely growing on me the more I taste.

Would I Buy Again?: I would buy this wine again, especially with a steak dinner. For $15, it is hard to go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...