Saturday, February 11, 2023

Tasting - Broadbent Vinho Verde




Name: Broadbent Vinho Verde 

Variety: 50% Loureiro , 40% Trajadura , 10% Perderna 

Region: Vinho Verde 

Country: Portugal 

Year: 2023

Price: $11

Wine Critic Review: "The freshly sliced apple fruitiness combined with citrus acidity give this fruity wine an attractive, lively character. It's tangy, crisp, and ready to drink." - Roger Voss

Wine Folly: pg 184: A regional wine blend from Portugal offered in white, rose, and red styles. The most popular is the low-alcohol, fruity white with a touch of spritz. Wine is made for fish tacos, mango salsa, and ceviche 

My Review: I instantly got a hit of lime and pear when smelling the wine, with the wine also seemingly having a floral aroma with it. When tasting it, however, green apple was by far the biggest taste I got, with high levels of acidity and sweetness.

Would I Buy Again?: While I did enjoy the sweetness of the wine, this is most likely something I would not buy again as there are other whites I would buy before this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...