Sunday, February 26, 2023

Tasting - Shannon Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon


Name: Shannon Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon 

Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon  

Region: Lake County, California   

Country: United States 

Year: 2020

Price: $25

Wine Critic Review: "The 2020 Shannon Ridge High Elevation Cabernet Sauvignon has excellent energy and bites on the palate.  This wine exhibits aromas and flavors of tart red fruits. Enjoy it with an oven-roasted Porchetta." - Wilfred Wong, Wine.com

Wine Folly: pg 88: This is the world's most popular wine, and it's a natural cross between Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc. These wines are concentrated and age-worthy. The rich flavor and high tannin content make it a perfect combination to rich grilled meats, peppery sauces, and dishes with high flavor.

My Review: I got a strong scent of raspberry when sniffing this wine, I also got a scent of oak and blackberry. After drinking the wine, my mouth was quite dry. I definitely got a large taste of blackberry, but didn't taste the raspberry as much.

Would I Buy Again?: I would buy it again, especially when it is on sale like when I bought it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...