Friday, January 20, 2023

Blog #1: Introduction

 


My name is Clayton and welcome to my blog! These next ten weeks or so I hope to enlighten you with my reviews of wine; if not you, at least enlighten myself. Why is that? Well, I have little experience with wine.

I have certainly had wine before, but my understanding of it is quite slim. I mostly drink wine when I am out at a fancy restaurant with my parents (which isn't often because fancy restaurants are expensive). I always knew that there was white wine and red wine, but to be honest, I don't really know much more than that. I do know that I prefer white over red, but just recently red has grown on me so I'll be sure to try more red wine. Beer was and still is my first alcoholic drink of choice, but wine has certainly overtaken liquor in the race for being my favorite alcohol. The way that it pairs with food is unlike no other, and I also hope to explore the best wine-food combinations in the coming weeks. 

By the end of this course, I want to be a regular wine drinker. A regular wine drinker that knows the differences between different wines beyond it being either white or red. I want to be able to go to the store and pick the right wine based simply off the dinner I am having that night. It mostly won't be an every night thing but who knows? Maybe by the end of this course, I will have a glass or two every night just because the variety and taste are so good. Let's hope the first taste of wine starts this blog on the right path!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...