Sunday, March 5, 2023

Tasting - Parcelica Chica Monastrell




Name: Parcelica Chica Monastrell

Variety: 85% Monastrell, 15% Syrah 

Region: Yecla  

Country: Spain 

Year: 2019

Price: $12

Wine Critic Review: "A very rich, juicy wine with the alcohol coming through, but there's plenty of blue fruit and polished, chewy tannins. Flavorful finish. New wood comes through. Yet, I like the opulence and the flavors here." - James Suckling 

Wine Folly: pg 133: Monastrell - a deeply bold, smoky red wine that is an essential grape in the Rhone. It is a perfect wine with smoked meats and barbeque.

pg 172: Syrah - a rich, powerful, and sometimes meaty red wine that also originated in the Rhone valley of France. Darker meats and exotic spices being out the fruit notes of Syrah. 

My Review: When sniffing the wine, I smelled cherry, licorice, and blackberry. The cherry was definitely very strong in aroma. I tasted cherry and licorice, with a hint of oak. The wine went down very smoothly.   

Would I Buy Again?: 100%. My favorite wine I have had so far. It was smooth and all the flavors perfectly complimented each other.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Barefoot Moscato

Name:  Barefoot Moscato  Variety:  100% Moscato Region:  California   Country:  United States Year:  2022 Price:  $7 Wine Critic Review:   &...